8. november 2010

A special day - Day 5 – November 3rd 2010

This day would prove to be something very special and historic. Not only did I spoil myself with a new waterproof video camera, it was the day my future sailing destiny penetrated my consciousness.
First the camera:
Wandering around with biker Jeff from California the day before accompanying him in buying a notebook, I realized that I needed an actual video recorder as the video sequences of my Canon photo camera are somehow not sufficient on the long run and also electronics are quite cheap in the Canary Islands. Jeff ended up buying an Acer notebook for €289,- including Windows 7 Premium (so no trouble with "Starter" desktop images;) It also featured 2MB RAM which truly also was part of the reason why I needed to upgrade my notebook so he would not be better equipped:) Now after looking in a few stores I totally fell in love in a waterproof Sanyo from Japan: Sanyo VPC-CA8EX W. We are talking born for the expedition level (ok Gregers!;). Filming under water is just a whole new universe. I you have dived you know the feeling for sure. Just the possibility to film colorful fish, corals and the belly of the ships and the investment is all justified. Of course you could also think of skiing with it or film a beer from the "inside" angle;)
The rate was initially €190,- in the cheapest place. But I bundled it up with 16MB SD cart, extra battery and a tripod which summed up to €280,- according to the sailsman - however I am from Jylland so got it down to €210. I was satisfied and amazingly still seemed to be so too.

I took home the new handy Sanyo waterproof video camera


Checking my emails in the evening I found that a boat was requesting a meeting with me as they were on the lookout for a crewmember in their newly bought Ericson 36 foot sailing boat (approximately 12 meters). FANTASTIC – I got an actual response from my flyer which was quite unusual at this stage for any in the hostel. In fact it was the one I had posted in the Scandinavian club that paid off. I was so excited and could not wait to meet them and see the boat; Afriki but had to rein my curiosity 2 more days. Appointment was settled to gangway G in the harbor Friday November 5th at 17.00 hours.

Next up is my first steps on two ships...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar